(TheConservativeNews.org) – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) January 6th Committee is already off to a bad start — at least for the Democrats, anyway. Republicans, led by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), just managed to make an incredibly shrewd play in the Left-leaning leader’s heavily biased and questionable “insurrection investigation.”
She never expected THIS outcome!
The Lions, the Witch, and the Questionable Committee
There’s no greater feeling than when the tables turn on your competition. That’s exactly what happened when Kevin McCarthy tapped five well-known supporters of the former president to serve on Pelosi’s committee on Monday, July 20.
McCarthy’s stalwart selections include Jim Jordan (R-OH), Rodney Davis (R-IL), Troy Nehls (R-TX), Kelly Armstrong (R-ND), and Jim Banks (R-IN). All voted against impeaching Donald Trump just last year, showing their allegiance to the leader even under heavy fire from the Left, and were staunchly against forming the January 6 committee in the first place. They also happen to be some of the best individuals for the job.
- Jim Jordan currently serves on the Republican Study Committee and the House Oversight Committee. The fiscal conservative has a long, well-documented history of fighting abuse, government overreach, and Democratic interference.
- Rodney Davis hails from Illinois and is a five-term member of Congress as well as a ranking member of the Committee on House Administration. While he’s considered more bipartisan than several of McCarthy’s other picks, he also has a special knack for cutting through governmental “red tape.”
- Texan native Troy Nehls is a current Sheriff and US Military veteran who served multiple tours in Afghanistan, Iraq, and several other locations in the Middle East. He played a direct role in the events on January 6, helping to barricade entrances to prevent rioters from getting in.
- Kelly Armstrong is a North Dakotan with a fierce love of traditional American values and conservatism. While he serves on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, the attorney is also known for his work with infrastructure and his energetic, outspoken support for rural Americans.
- Self-described Hoosier, Jim Banks, currently serves on the Republican Study Committee as well as the House Committees on Armed Services, Veteran’s Affairs, and Education and Labor. The FreedomFighter Award winner is also a Supply Corps officer with the US Navy Reserve.
Each of these men brings a slightly different perspective to the table. Perhaps more importantly, none are likely to fold to Democratic pressure. Banks regularly takes this steadfast mindset even further by calling out those who deserve it — including Pelosi.
Banks Calls Pelosi Out
Jim Banks has been an especially outspoken critic of Nancy Pelosi and the insurrection investigation at large. In fact, the Republican leader delivered harsh words on the subject in an exchange with ABC News on Monday, July 19.
Banks demanded answers to tough questions in the statement. He wants to know why more leaders aren’t forcing both Democrats and the media to speak for their actions, and why officials left the Capitol so vulnerable in the first place.
The Republican leader also questioned the complete lack of response to, “hundreds of [other] violent political riots last summer,” many of which were directly linked to far-left extremists such as Antifa and BLM. Several of these incidents involved attacks on innocent bystanders and police; at least one resulted in the death of Capitol Police Officer Billy Evans.
Banks made sure to outline Nancy Pelosi’s true intent, too, saying, “Nancy Pelosi created this committee solely to malign conservatives and to justify the Left’s authoritarian agenda.” He then vowed to fight for the facts and get to the truth about January 6.
Copyright 2021, TheConservativeNews.org