(TheConservativeNews.org) – After a week of tough negotiations with the White House, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) introduced the next stimulus package. The HEALS Act is a massive $1 trillion bill, but it has something for everyone in it.
Here are a few of the most items included in the bill:
- A second stimulus check of up to $1,200 and it won’t cap the number of dependents a family can have in order to receive the extra $500 per child
- An extension of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Extended unemployment benefits of 70% of a person’s income before they were laid off instead of $600 a week payments
- About $105 billion for schools
- More money for COVID-19 testing
Democrats are already complaining about the bill. Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), for example, said it’s not good enough.
This was just the first step. Now lawmakers on both sides of the aisle must work with one another to get a final bill out to help the American people.
Copyright 2020, TheConservativeNews.org